Saturday, April 9, 2016

Wed, Nov 25, 2015

Hola Familia! Como taipo!?

I must say that this week was one of the hardest weeks of my life.  This is so hard but oh my the little things that make it better are so worth it.

So i found out that my companion is a District Leader, a trainer for me, and we are in a "white wash" area... ahhhhh!!!!!  Busy busy busy all the time.  How did everyone's week go?  Is Thanksgiving tomorrow?  Oh wait, there isn't such thing here in Chile so what am i worrying about?

The start of this week all the way up to Monday was extremely stressful and difficult.  I can't understand anybody!  All I want to do is talk to people but I don't know enough Spanish to understand what they say.  It'll come and I feel it improving everyday, but it is coming slowly.  Missionaries tell me that it takes them 6 months to start to get comfortable with the language... well this is going to be a true test of patience!

We have been doing a lot of contacting and visiting past contacts...I had an interesting one this week.  We went to a house of one of our past contacts and her mother answered the door and was talking to us for a while.  The other daughter and two friends game out and then all four of them were apparently saying some pretty inappropriate things about me in a flirting way, says my companion.  I had no idea what they were saying so i just kept smiling...so that was awkward to find out afterward.  We decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to visit that house ever again! ha ha.

I have now gotten to the point where I am actually talking a little bit to people instead of my companion doing all the talking.  When I don't understand something my companion will jump in.  It is fun when I am able to go on for a while.  Please pray for me to receive the gift of tongues 'cause I want to be able to help people!

Sunday I got to meet my ward and it was great!  I went up to bear my testimony and talked about Ether 12:27 and how right now my Spanish is a weakness but I know that if I humble myself and have faith in the Lord, he will make my weaknesses become strengths.

Tuesday morning we went and did service for a less active member and it was great!  I immediately put in my mind that it was "Fiji Time!"  I worked hard and it felt great!

Its crazy to think that i get to Skype home in exactly one month!  Time better fly!

My parents are going to send me scriptures and I thought it would be cool for whoever wanted to mark their favorite scripture in there so I could read it.  I at least want my family to do that but if others can do it too that would be great!

Lots of hard rewarding work is coming up this week.  I'm excited to learn and grow and help find the lost sheep!

Have a great week!


With lots of love,
-Elder Sims​​​​​

No comments:

Post a Comment