Saturday, April 9, 2016

Wed, Oct 14, 2015

Hola Familia! 

Well its only been a week but it feels like its been a month! The beginning was extremely hard but now I am loving it here! I miss you guys like crazy and I truly mean it when i say it. I got home sick after the first day, but now I'm good. I don't miss you guys anymore. I'm kidding I really do. 

The beginning was probably one of the hardest times of my life. I had the hardest time learning the language and I was getting way down on myself, but then I realized that the Lord is helping me through it and He will bless me if I trust in Him. When Sunday came along, we had fast Sunday so everyone had a chance to go up and bear a testimony. I was about to but then time ran out. Anyway, when people went up to bear their testimony in spanish, I was able to understand what was being said. It was freaking sweet! We had classes about the miracles of Christ and the history of our prophet Thomas S Monson. Look up how he gave his first priesthood blessing when he was in the navy. It is very similar to my first priesthood blessing! Sunday was the day that i finally started enjoying my time here because that was when i realized that the spirit is always with me, If you do the things I'm supposed to.
the CCM is great! The food is amazing, the teachers are studs, My companion is an odd duck but he is a good guy, and we get to leave the campus on p-days! Oh, and during our morning exercise, we go to a park that's nearby that has basketball courts, and i got my first dunk on an international hoop! So make sure Josh gets that part of the message.

Yesterday we went to the temple and did a session and I must say it was one of the most spiritual feelings I've ever had. The sealing rooms are the prettiest I've ever seen. I pondered and prayed in the celestial room for over 30 minutes or so. It was just so amazing!
So we are only allowed to take pictures on p-days and our p-day is after email so I don't have any for you this week but i will try my best to get some for next week!

I love you guys more than anything and i miss you more than you could imagine. I pray everyday that you guys will all be safe and successful. Thank you for your support and love that you have shown me throughout my life. I know that what I am doing is the right thing. 

-Elder Sims

ps. Please forward this to our family and Gma & Gpa. I'm about out of time so its hard to reply to everyone. hence the awful grammar. I love you and can't wait to hear about this upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment