Saturday, April 9, 2016

Tue, Oct 20, 2015 

Hola Familia!

So…my P-days are on Tuesdays now so make sure you email me before then!  I’d just email me on Sundays so just in case I get it switched again I’ll still be able to receive it.

This week has gone by much better than my first!  I’m actually loving it here and time is flying by.  My Spanish is coming in better than before but I still have a long ways to go!   The language is difficult, but I know that the Lord is helping me through all of it.  It has at least messed up my spelling so that’s good!  When I pray I’m thinking in both Spanish and English.

So with our investigator practices my companion and I managed to get a Book of Mormon out to all three of our investigators and commit one to being baptized.  We seem to be doing alright.  It is so hard to teach in Spanish because I can’t say what I’m truly feeling yet. It’ll come by though,  I just need to be patient.  My time here has been a huge test of patience.  I wish I could have given my talk on patience now that I know so much about it!

A few days ago I got a surprise visit from Elder Goodrich!  It was so sweet to see him!  He is doing great and looking great and he is loving every minute of it.  We got a picture together, but not on my camera so he is going to send it to me sometime and I’ll forward it to you once I get it.

My companion screwed up his ankle jumping down the stairs too... seriously dude?  He’s an interesting fella but I love him!  My favorite thing about him is that he tries to sneak out silent farts and hopes they don’t smell.... it doesn’t work out.  Let’s just say I hold my breath a lot during class.

The mission is great and I just can’t wait to get out in the field.  I can’t wait to get this dang language down!  I love you guys and I hope you have a great week!  I’ll send some pics!


With lots of love,

-Elder Sims


P.S.    Those pictures you sent made me cry.  I miss you like crazy and homesickness has been kicking in like crazy!   I have to go now but I can’t wait to talk to you next week.  Derick Norton told me that Rylee is in his ward so that’s great for him!   I love you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment